Saturday, March 28, 2009

fun stuff first.....


I have a Flickr account now to store images from SL. You can find them at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leeorie/
Among them you will find my very first SL photo, and a VERY geeky looking newbie I was!
In the process of uploading all those photos I used up my free allotment for the month, so here will post some photos from the latest Alliance Virtual Library party. Abbey Zenith and AVL put on a party every month for the AVL volunteers (and friends). The party is always a theme, and Abbey always does an exceptional job building a temporary venue. We also usually have Gabrielle Riel, one of the premiere SL DJs and a good friend to the library folks, with access to a wide ranging music library of more than 30,000 titles.

The theme this month was Arabian Nights...Gabi did a superlative job of playing both traditional and pop Middle Eastern music. Winners of the monthly costume contest were Rolig (not pictured) for the women and ROCKY for the men....he was dressed as Sinbad the Sailor. Rocky is pictured above, and next to him in the two piece outfit is the lovely Cindy. Pictured at left is Holly, who was just stunning and wearing the perfect outfit for belly dancing. Below are just two more interesting costumes...on the left Timo, who arrived with Galia on a flying carpet that send most of dancers flying (!) and on the right Waldron, who is ALWAYS some form of blue:














And now the not as fun stuff....
All of you, and your supervisors, have received (and hopefully completed) the survey from the North Carolina library science management class. I'll let you know when we get the results from the survey. There is a chance someone will take this on for followup next term as an independent study of libraries in SL.

I think you all know about it, but just for the record, Ralph will be presenting his bit for a KLA/MLA session on Friday morning from SL, with Angela's assistance on the Wichita end. This is pretty exciting. Lets hope all the technology works the way it is supposed too. I can't remember the exact time...10 a.m. I think...but if any of you would like to join us in SL for Ralph's presentation just let me know. I'll put some seating out and he will be using the slider outside the library, similar to the layout for the Nicodemus program.

2 comments:

Lorie Hyten said...

I never can get the layout to work right for me when I use photos, so they are mixed up! I think you can recognize the obvious ones, even if the layout doesn't match the text! SORRY!

Alexandria Gumbo said...

I will (hopefully) be there!